Start-ups are IP intensive ventures that deal with serious challenges in developing and manage their IP assets.
We know that effective IP management and exploitation are key factors to succeed in negotiation with partners, investors and clients, to obtain market penetration and to defend commercial presence and distribution.
PATENTREE can be your partner in helping to find the best path for protecting your IP assets, existing or potential, developing a robust IP strategy and properly managing your IP assets. We are familiar with early tech companies’ struggle with IP issues and difficulties. Our attorneys will be happy to help you overcome these problems, building and helping to manage your growing IP Portfolio. Additionally we can provide advisory and opposition services to Start-ups that need to find ways to defend from non-practicing entities (NPEs).
– Advising on trademark strategies, reviewing competitor and sector activity, conducting availability searches, and drawing up product lists, at both national and international level;
– Managing and monitoring trademark rights;
– Reviewing existing trademark portfolios, advising on its strengths and weaknesses;
– Advising on validity and infringement of trademarks;
– Maintaining a trademark watch service;
– Assisting in IP portfolio management and assertion;
– Offering IP department outsourcing, including comprehensive advice on matters relating to employee inventions;
– Conducting in-house training;
– Helping with other services in designs, and other intellectual property rights;
– Advising in patent or utility model applications, and in complex protection strategies;
– Assessing patentability, and performing and evaluating prior art;
– Assuming responsibility for the preparation, drafting and submission of patent applications and filing and prosecution in the main jurisdictions, i.e. INPI-PT, EPO, WIPO, USPTO;
– Preparing and filing oppositions and appeals at the EPO;
– Filing and prosecuting SPC applications;
– Advising and producing freedom to operate (FTO) or patent landscape reports;
– Providing expert opinions for infringement and validity court actions;
– Assisting in due diligence efforts.