SMEs that are IP intensive may have to deal with great difficulties regarding the management and treatment of IP resources. We know that effective IP management and exploitation are key factors to succeed in the market, advancing business goals with partners, investors and clients.
Of course, we also understand the need for your company to focus on its core activities, its business, so that you can leave to us the managing of IP issues to be handled externally, outsourcing your own IP department, like a much larger company would have.
PATENTREE is able to be the partner you are looking to help you find the best path for IP protection and portfolio management.
Tech companies are very familiar to PATENTREE, as we deal with IP Portfolios creation and management, as well as with opposition and defence of your business IP-related goals.
– Advising in patent or utility model applications, and in complex protection strategies;
– Assessing patentability, and performing and evaluating prior art;
– Assuming responsibility for the preparation, drafting and submission of patent applications and filing and prosecution in the main jurisdictions, i.e. INPI-PT, EPO, WIPO, USPTO;
– Preparing and filing oppositions and appeals at the EPO;
– Filing and prosecuting SPC applications;
– Advising and producing freedom to operate (FTO) or patent landscape reports;
– Providing expert opinions for infringement and validity court actions;
– Assisting in due diligence efforts;
– Advising on trademark strategies, reviewing competitor and sector activity, conducting availability searches, and drawing up product lists, at both national and international level;
– Managing and monitoring trademark rights;
– Reviewing existing trademark portfolios, advising on its strengths and weaknesses;
– Advising on validity and infringement of trademarks;
– Maintaining a trademark watch service;
– Assisting in IP portfolio management and assertion;
– Offering IP department outsourcing, including comprehensive advice on matters relating to employee inventions;
– Conducting in-house training;
– Helping with other services in designs, and other intellectual property rights.