Patents protect inventions by providing a monopoly for up to twenty years in return for a disclosure of the invention to the public. A patent can provide protection for a broad inventive concept or a narrow technological advance. The protection is a valuable business asset and an important commercial tool.
PATENTREE offers a full service set from drafting an application to filing and prosecuting in the territories of choice, while guiding you through all patent office interactions at home and abroad so that you can, in a clear and cost effective way, achieve the desired patent protection.
Our attorneys can act before the Portuguese, European and International patent authorities, and our extensive network of local attorneys in key territories such as the US, China, Japan and South Korea, is able to give you dedicated advice in the elected countries.
A patent can provide protection for a broad inventive concept or a narrow technological advance. the protection is a valuable business asset and an important commercial tool.
– Drafting and filing of European and international (PCT) patent applications;
– Prosecution of patent applications and representation in opposition proceedings before the European Patent Office (EPO);
– Prosecution of patent applications before the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO);
– Prosecution of patent applications before the Portuguese Patent Office (INPI);
– Prosecution of patent applications throughout the world in cooperation with foreign colleagues;
– Opposition and appeal before the EPO;
– Partial or complete management of your IP administration;
– Infringement and validity opinions;
– Product clearance studies;
– Coordination and substantive counsel in disputes, litigation in cooperation with attorneys-at-law;
– Coordination of national phase and translation of European patents in all countries;
– Outsourcing: assisting in-house patent departments of companies and knowledge centres in specific activities according to a pre-arranged collaboration model.